Self Confidence Workshop
Assertiveness and self-confidence are comprised of important interpersonal communications skills and traits that can be learned and practiced. This workshop will provide you with many tips, techniques, and opportunities to try out your own skills.
Define assertiveness and self-confidence, and list the four styles of communication
- Describe the types of negative thinking, and how one can overcome negative thoughts
- Explain the difference between listening and hearing, and understand the importance of body language and questioning skills in communication
- Define the importance of goal setting, and practice setting SMART goals for assertive behavior
- Utilize methodologies for understanding your worth -- and the use of positive self-talk
- List reasons why a pleasing appearance and body language are critical for creating a strong first impression
- Practice sending positive communications phrased as “I-Messages”
- Use the STAR model to make your case during a presentation challenge
- Display rapport-building skills through assertive methods of expressing disagreement and consensus-building techniques
- Practice strategies for gaining positive outcomes in difficult interpersonal situations.